At Kingsriver Community we consider that a quality life is one where people enjoy health and wellbeing, use skills, exercise choices and have opportunities to express themselves; gain the respect of others, enjoy meaningful relationships and participate in their community.
We aim to do this by:
- providing an environment where everyone is valued equally
- providing a range of activities, experiences, education and training that enables each person to develop and reach their full potential
- providing a safe environment and a warm and welcoming atmosphere in a life-sharing model
- supporting each person to be active in the local and wider community.
At Kingsriver Community we offer a wide variety of programmes focused on each individual’s needs.
Our purpose is to support the person in the key areas of:
- Health & Wellbeing
- Personal and Social Development
- Skills Development
- Maximising Independence
- Community Inclusion
- Home life
Project Life supports the implementation of the 12 outcomes of New Directions. Some elements of our Project Life programmes are validated by QQI. QQI FET is the Further Education and Training section of QQI, the national awarding body in Ireland. Kingsriver Community is a registered provider with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications and has agreed its quality assurance procedures with QQI.
We currently have programmes validated at Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4. For further details on our validated programmes, please contact us.
For more information on QQI click here:www.qqi.ie