Position: Residential Managers
Kingsriver Community has exciting opportunities for two enthusiastic residential managers to provide live-in care in our home. Applicants require the desire and passion to help us grow our residential care services while maintaining our quality and commitment to excellent service.
Kingsriver has been providing residential and day programmes for people over the age of 18 with a variety of support needs for over 30 years. We have our own person centred approach to our work which has been developed over many years with love and care, a lot of fun and creativity and a constant focus on the uniqueness of each individual whose care, well-being and progression has been entrusted to Kingsriver.
Applicants need to have appropriate management and people skills and have relevant experience working with people with intellectual disabilities. Successful candidates must satisfy the criteria to take on the role of Person-in-Charge (PIC) for HIQA compliance matters (3 years management experience & relevant 3rd level qualification).
These posts are full-time permanent positions offering competitive salaries.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO the residential managers are responsible for:
- Day-to-day management and administration of Kingsriver Community residential service;
- Provision of a high quality, person centred residential service in accordance with national regulations and standards;
- Managing the development of opportunities for residents in Kingsriver Community to be in, and part of, the wider community and give people in the wider community more opportunities to be part of Kingsriver Community.
- Day-to day management of expenses and finance matters of residential care, and operating within budget allocations;
- Maintaining and sustaining the unique ethos that exists in Kingsriver; encouraging recognition of residents and participants as individuals and ensuring their needs and opportunities are given priority;
- Fostering an inclusive process with key stakeholders consistent with our mission, values and ethos;
- Day to day management and ensuring that HIQA and all other relevant statutory regulations are at appropriate compliance level
- Reporting to and advising CEO on all residential care matters
- Keeping up to date with all relevant legislation, legal requirements and advances, proposed variations in residential care
Qualifications and Experience
- Appropriate third level qualifications in Health/Social Care/Intellectual Disability or similar.
- Evidence of continuous professional development;
- Significant relevant experience in managing residential care for people with intellectual disabilities and/or autism.
- Proven ability to create safe and welcoming home environment and ethos for residents;
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating a team;
- Financial Management skills;
- A clear knowledge and understanding of the Health Act 2007 Regulations and associated amendments and standards on the provision for day and residential services in the intellectual disability and autism sector, including New Directions;
- In-depth knowledge of intellectual disability and autism;
- An outgoing and friendly personality with strong empathy and communication skills;
- Full clean driving licence;
- Ability to work as part of a Management Team.
If you feel you have the qualities, experience and values to take on this role, please email your application, addressed to Kevin Collins, Chairperson, outlining the fit between your skills and the qualifications and experience required, together with your CV.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 26th July, 2019.
Kingsriver Community- Ennisnag - Stoneyford - Co. Kilkenny www.kingsriver.ie
Post Title: Residential Managers, Kingsriver Community Holdings CLG
Responsible to and Reporting to: CEO.
General Role and Duties:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of Kingsriver residential service.
- Responsible for the provision of a person centred service.
- Responsible for overseeing the provision of a quality service, in accordance with national regulations and standards.
- Responsible for maintaining and sustaining the unique ethos that exists in Kingsriver.
- Responsible for the implementation of the residential care aspects of the 5-year strategic plan as directed by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for the effective management and development of resources, within a challenging environment.
Specific Role and Responsibilities
Leadership and Residential Staff Management
- Manage the residential service team at Kingsriver and ensure it is a positive, supportive and rewarding workplace for staff.
- Support staff and volunteers in the Residential Service to ensure that positive relationships are built and a can-do atmosphere is sustained, in accordance with Strategic Objective 4 of Kingsriver's strategic plan.
- Ensure effective team meetings, supervision, training and development for appropriate excellence in residential care, take place on a continuous basis.
- Implement an effective performance management system.
- Value and recognise and further develop the contribution of our staff and volunteers.
- Understand and promote the unique volunteer model within Kingsriver.
- Inspire and support the team to meet vision and objectives and to understand how their contribution is vital to achieving wider strategic aims.
- Ensure there are clear lines of accountability and responsibility across the team, which foster and maintain effective working relationships for Kingsriver.
- Prepare appropriate staff rosters to ensure appropriate residential care service is well planned and executed
- Act as Person-in-Charge with full responsibility for appropriate HIQA compliance and duties
- Fully participate in 6 monthly review of financial and administration policies and procedures to ensure these best support the best welfare of the Kingsriver Community, its staff and participants
Finance and Funding
- Be accountable for the effective management of resources and financial control of residential budgets.
- Be responsible for providing timely and accurate financial reports to the CEO as required.
Stakeholder Engagement and Relationships
- Active and creative involvement in the development of opportunities for people in Kingsriver to be in, and part of, the wider community and give people in the wider community more opportunities to be part of Kingsriver, in line with objective 2 of the strategic plan.
- Manage the development and maintenance of effective communication and relationships with all stakeholders, especially families of residents and local communities.
- Act as ambassadors for Kingsriver; network widely to build new and foster existing strategic relationships.
- Build, develop and maintain all relevant management structures, systems and competence, to meet the current and future demands for and challenges on the service, in line with the relevant aspects of the strategic plan and in conjunction with the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Report to and work closely with the CEO, in line with the requirements of good governance.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 3 years (Preferred)